Heaters are used for heating process fluids and thermal cracking in chemical and petrochemical sectors. These fired heaters are generally designed to American Petroleum Institute (API) codes like API-560, API-530, etc.
These units are built in modularised form to suit delivery requirements. The range of fired heaters offered by Thermax can suit a variety of process requirements and plant layouts. Depending on the application, the choice can be between ‘vertical cylindrical’ or ‘box-type furnace’ designs.
- Liquid phase heater: mineral oil/synthetic oil heater and molten salt heater
- Process industry heater: steam superheater, charge heater, start-up heater
- Vapour phase heater: mineral oil/synthetic oil vaporiser and hydrocarbon vaporiser
- Cracker: Ethylene di-chloride cracker, acetic acid cracker and gas cracker
- Capacities: Up to 70 MMKCAL/HR (single unit)
- Reliance Industries Ltd.
- UHDE GmbH
- Finolex Industries Ltd.
- Gas Authority of India Ltd.
- Trichy Distilleries & Chemicals Ltd.