Thermax's expertise in WHR boilers for industrial processes extends to sulphur recovery plants. It can offer WHR boiler downstream of main reaction furnace in sulphur recovery plant and has substantial experience in designing and supplying boilers where gas inlet temperature is as high as 1,300oC.
Large quantities of hot gases generated during the combustion of hydrogen sulphide for sulphur production need to be cooled. A major portion of the heat is removed in the fire-tube waste heat boiler, while the remaining heat is removed in the sulphur condensers.
The supply of six trains on 650 TPD plant to Reliance Industries Ltd. (Jamnagar, India) is a noteworthy achievement for Thermax WHR boilers for sulphur recovery.
Features of waste heat boiler on main reaction furnace
- Fire-tube boiler construction; can be offered in both flexible and fixed tube-sheet design
- Multi-pass arrangement in same shell of boiler or separate shell with common steam drum
- Steam heated sulphur drains at outlet/intermediate gas chambers
Thermax also offers WHR boiler downstream of tail gas incinerator.
Features of waste heat boiler on tail gas incinerator
- Both water-tube and fire-tube designs available
- Modularised construction
- Superheater constructed of T22, T91, Incoloy
- Reliance Petroleum Ltd.
- Cochin Refineries Ltd.
- Indian Oil Corp. Ltd.
- Hindustan Petroleum Ltd.
- Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd.
- Bahrain Petroleum Co.
- Dolphin Energy Ltd., Qatar