Thermax Closed Loop Cooling Tower operates in a manner similar to conventional cooling towers, except that the heat load to be rejected is transferred from the process fluid to water and ambient air directly through a heat exchange coil. The coil serves to isolate the process fluid from outside environment, keeping it clean and contamination free in a closed loop, thus creating two separate circuits
- Primary / Internal circuit in which the process fluid circulates inside the coil
- Secondary / External circuit sprays circulating water from the basin over the coil which evaporates to reject heat to the environment.
CLOSED LOOP COOLING TOWER BROCHURE
Cooling System using the Thermax Closed Loop Cooling Tower is far simpler when compared with the conventional system. The Primary circuit is identical to the conventional system whereas the cooling tower, secondary pumps, plate heat exchangers and piping and valves of the conventional Secondary Circuit are replaced with a closed loop cooling tower. Thermax Closed Loop Cooling Tower has a built-in heat exchanger that replaces the Plate Heat Exchanger and a built-in spray pump replaces the bulky secondary pumps and interconnecting piping. All this is packaged in a box.
- Limited impact of scaling on cooling performance over time.
- Honeycomb PVC Wet deck design for most optimal air & Water usage
- Air Flow - Parallel at coil side & cross at fill side for efficient heat transfer
- Optimized spray water flow to coil for maximum heat transfer
- Continuous coil without welded joints
- Robust corrosion resistant structural material for long life
- Large diameter laminar flow nozzles for clog free operation
- Side access door for easy online maintenance
- Electronic De-scaling device for trouble free operation
- Direct Drive fan arrangement
- The process fluid is circulated through the coil of the closed loop cooling tower.
- Heat from the process fluid is dissipated through the coil tubes.
- Part of the heat is removed directly by the downward natural induced air and discharged to the atmosphere.
- Rest of the heat is rejected to the water cascading down over the tubes.
- Simultaneously, air is drawn in through the air inlet louvers at the base of the condenser and travels through the drift eliminator and heat exchange fills in the same direction of the water flow.
- A small portion of the water is evaporated which removes the heat. The warm moist air is drawn sidewise by the fan and is discharged to the atmosphere.
- The remaining water is collected in the sump at the bottom of the condenser. The spray pump recirculates the water into the distribution system, forming a fine spray which then cascades over the coil.
Why Thermax Closed Loop Cooling Tower
Thermax Closed Loop Cooling Tower offers unmatched flexibility, providing optimized selections based on footprint, horsepower, pressure drop and price. Utilizing advanced Coil Technology, Thermax provides the most energy efficient fluid cooler in the market.
- Wide Range Of Thermal Duties —ideal for applications requiring close approaches and/or a large range.
- Retro Fit & Replacement—Single air inlet models are designed and fit into the existing system.
- Selection Customization —Can optimize the pressure drop, footprint and power requirements to suit project requirements, large product range & customized Material of Construction*
- Largest sales and support network across India.