Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) is a flagship product of Thermax Enviro and more than 2000 ESPs are working successfully in India and overseas in various sectors viz. power plants and process boilers, cement, steel, non-ferrous metallurgical, fertilizers, tyres and tubes, paper, chemicals, textiles and food & beverages etc.
Since its inception Thermax Enviro has been associated with many of the leading technologies in ESP and it has now acquired expertise in various designs of ESP.
What is an Electrostatic Precipitator?
An electrostatic precipitator (ESP) is a particulate collection device that removes particles from a flowing gas (such as air) using the force of an induced electrostatic charge. The charged particles are attracted to and deposited on plates or other collection devices.
The collectors (and emitters) are shaken by suitable mechanisms to dislodge the accumulated dust , causing it to fall with the force of gravity to hoppers below. The dust is then removed by a conveyor system for disposal or recycling.
Anatomy of an Electrostatic Precipitator
Get the Thermax Advantage
- Horizontal and Vertical Flow Precipitators
- Dry type design for Gas volumes 5000 Am3/hr to 30, 00000 Am3/hr
- Wet type design for maximum particulate removal
- Hot gas designs for operation at temperatures above 450 Deg. C
- Expertise of Top as well as bottom rapping
- Diverse applications like corrosive gas, Over 100 types of dusts, tar etc