Tulsion® Speciality Ion Exchange Resins for Glyoxal Deacidification/Glyoxal Purification
Glyoxal is used in various industries in many applications such as: pharmaceuticals, dyestuffs, textiles, coating reactant resins, anti-lumps, adhesives, Hydrogen sulphide (H2S) scavengers, cleaning agents, photography, etc.
Crude glyoxal contains significant amounts of acids such as acetic, formic, glyoxylic and nitric acid. To achieve desired finished product quality, these acids should be.
Despite availability of various methods of Glyoxal purification, commercially, fixed-bed ion exchange is most commonly practiced.
Tulsion® Specialty Resins for Glyoxal Processing:
- Tulsion® speciality macroporous weak base anion resin: used for de-acidification and for removal of anionic impurities.
- Tulsion® speciality strong acid cation resin: used to remove cationic impurities which may impart coloration to the product.
Advantages of Tulsion® Specialty Resin for Glyoxal Processing
- Specifically designed to handle high acidity present in glyoxal
- Offers excellent mechanical strength
- Operational ease in service and regeneration
- Offers good life
Thermax offers expert advice in selection of the appropriate Tulsion®
resins, their quantities and operational guidelines, based on end-product quality requirements, process parameters and operating conditions.