Water treatment in a nuclear power plant is extremely critical as it correlates to various issues associated with equipment corrosion, their safety and maintenance, corrosion of reactor fuel rods, radioactive contamination, etc. Therefore, it is important to use the finest quality ion exchange resins providing the right feed water and reactor water chemistry, that maintains overall high level efficiency of the plant.
ION EXCHANGE RESINS
Thermax Chemicals is one of the leading manufacturers of Tulsion® brand of ion exchange resins for over 35 years. Tulsion® is a premium brand and enjoys a global reputation in the field of water treatment and process application technologies.
Ion Exchange Resins Application wise
- Specialty Resins
- Groundwater Remediation and Purification
- Brine Decalcification / Brine Purification
- Monoethylene Glycol Cycle Water Purification
- Caprolactam Purification
- Fluoride Removal from Smelter Wash Water
- Treatment of Metal Waste
- Applications in Biodiesel
- Sorbitol Purification
- Ion Exchange Resins for Biotechnology
- Other Potential Application Areas
- Industrial Water Treatment Resins
Ion Exchange Resins Typewise
- Softening Resins
- Demineralisation Resins
- Dealkalisation Resins
- Nuclear Grade Resins
- Food Grade Resins
- Polymeric Adsorbent Resins
- Polymeric Catalyst Resins
Nuclear Grade Resins
Thermax offers Tulsion® nuclear grade high strength resins, developed through extensive research, for requirements of nuclear power plants across the world. They are extensively used by the nuclear power industry globally, over the past two decades.
This range of resins is polystyrene based and are prudently designed for the specific needs of the nuclear industry. They follow stringent quality norms for chloride, hydroxide, metal ion content and organic impurities.
Tulsion® nuclear grade resins are manufactured and processed specially to achieve exceptionally high purity, precise specifications and maximum conversion to their ionic form, in a regenerated condition.
Processes in which Tulsion® resins can be used in the nuclear industry:
- Influent water treatment
- Make up water treatment
- Cooling water treatment
- Storage water treatment
- Treatment of cooling agent for primary circuits/reactor coolant clean-up
- Condensate treatment
- Effluent treatment/radwaste water treatment
Tulsion® High Strength Nuclear Grade Resin Range for Ultra Purification of Water
- Strong acid cations in Hydrogen and Lithium form
- Strong base anions hydroxide form
- Mixed bed resins