Raw sugar (C11H22O11), produced from sugarcane is brownish in colour. Specifically processed Tulsion® A-72 MP, Tulsion® A-30 MP and other resins are extensively used by sugar refineries for decolourisation of sugar melt/raw sugar.
ION EXCHANGE RESINS
Thermax Chemicals is one of the leading manufacturers of Tulsion® brand of ion exchange resins for over 35 years. Tulsion® is a premium brand and enjoys a global reputation in the field of water treatment and process application technologies.
Ion Exchange Resins Application wise
- Specialty Resins
- Groundwater Remediation and Purification
- Brine Decalcification / Brine Purification
- Monoethylene Glycol Cycle Water Purification
- Caprolactam Purification
- Fluoride Removal from Smelter Wash Water
- Treatment of Metal Waste
- Applications in Biodiesel
- Sorbitol Purification
- Ion Exchange Resins for Biotechnology
- Other Potential Application Areas
- Industrial Water Treatment Resins
Ion Exchange Resins Typewise
- Softening Resins
- Demineralisation Resins
- Dealkalisation Resins
- Nuclear Grade Resins
- Food Grade Resins
- Polymeric Adsorbent Resins
- Polymeric Catalyst Resins
Tulsion® Specialty Ion Exchange Resins for Decolourisation of Re-melt Sugar for Refined Sugar Manufacturing
These are highly macro porous, strong base anion exchange resins (type I), in chloride form.
They are designed considering the operating conditions and stringent purity norms of final product. Colours like 2000 ICUMSA can be conveniently treated with Tulsion® speciality resins. High macro porosity of Tulsion® resins ensures adsorption of high molecular weight colourants while the specialised backbone plays an important role in enhancing decolourising efficiency.
Depending on the concentration of colour bodies in sugar melt, one, two or three-stage process are used.
Advantages of Tulsion® Specialty Resins
- Substitutes or reduces sulphate and phosphate treatment, which helps to produce sugar as per global norms.
- Provides for operational ease in service and regeneration.
- Is an effective substitute for activated carbon based decolourisation processes to achieve high cost effectiveness.