Thermax Evaporative Condenser operates in a manner wherein a condenser is integrated into a
cooling tower which rejects the latent heat of condensation of refrigerant (Ammonia/Freon)
through a coil to the surroundings by means of evaporation. Water sprayed onto the coil
exchanges heat with the refrigerant.
A small quantity of water is evaporated into the air thereby cooling the remaining water
cascading to the basin at the bottom. Post evaporation the saturated air passes through the drift
eliminators and then forced out using a fan.
The coil serves to isolate the process fluid from the outside air, keeping it clean and
contamination free in a closed loop, thus creating two separate circuits.
- Primary / Internal circuit in which the process fluid / gas circulates inside the coil
- Secondary / External circuit where water is sprayed over the coil and mixes with outside
EVAPORATIVE CONDENSER BROCHURE
Systems using a Thermax Evaporative Condenser are far simpler when compared with
conventional system. The Primary circuit is identical to the conventional system whereas the
cooling tower, secondary pumps, PHE / shell & tube heat exchanger and associated piping,
valves are eliminated. Thermax Evaporative Condenser has a built in heat exchanger coil, spray
pump & exhaust fan, which saves power & installation space while ensuring ease of
- Limited impact of scaling on cooling performance over time.
- Minimum deterioration of cooling performance due to scaling, overtime
- Honeycomb PVC Film fill for most optimal air & Water usage
- Air Flow - Parallel at coil side & cross at fill side for efficient heat transfer with lower
- Optimized spray water flow to coil for maximum heat transfer
- Efficient Wave type Drift eliminator reduces makeup requirement
- Continuous coil without welded joints
- Robust corrosion resistant structural material for long life
- Optimized diameter interference nozzles for clog free operation
- Optimized air exit velocity to avoid recirculation
- Side access door for easy online inspection & maintenance
- Electronic De-scaling device for trouble free operation
- Direct Drive Axial fan arrangement ensures lowest inventory
- The refrigerant flows through the coil of the evaporative condenser.
- Heat from the refrigerant is rejected through the coil tubes.
- Part of the heat is removed directly by the downward induced air and discharged to the surrounding.
- Rest of the heat is rejected to the water cascading down over the tubes.
- Simultaneously, air is drawn in through the air inlet louvers at the base of the evaporative condenser.
- A small portion of the water is evaporated which removes the heat. The warm saturated air travels through the drift eliminator & discharged by the fan to the surrounding, thereby reducing drift water loss.
- Post heat exchange, the condensed refrigerant flows to receiver tank
Why Thermax Evaporative Condensers
Thermax Evaporative Condenser offers unmatched flexibility, providing optimized selections for various refrigeration systems & climatic conditions, utilizing multi flow configuration. Thermax provides the most energy efficient evaporative condenser in the market.
- Wide Range of Thermal Duties - Ideal for Ammonia / Freon condensation with low approach
- Retro Fit & Replacement— Single air inlet models are designed and fit into the existing system.
- Selection Customization — can optimize footprint and least Power requirements to suit
project requirements, large product range & Customized Material of Construction like
FRP /GI /SS based on application .
- Largest sales & support network globally