Tulsion® Specialty Ion Exchange Resins for Caprolactam Purification
Caprolactam (CPL) is a very important organic chemical raw material, which is largely used in the production of polyamide-6 fibre/nylon-6 engineering plastics.
Thermax offers speciality Tulsion®
strong base anion (SBA) and strong acid cation (SAC) exchange resins for caprolactam purification and removal of inorganic and amine impurities.
Tulsion® Resins can be used in the following typical configurations
- Two streams of each SBA–SAC. Primary anion resin bed prior to cation removes organic impurities, reduces the pH of acidic lactam and reduces organic load on secondary anion.
- SBA followed by a SAC resin.
Advantages of Tulsion® Speciality Resins for Caprolactam Purification
- Excellent chemical stability and physical strength to withstand osmotic shocks
- Specific particle size distribution for better kinetics and minimum pressure drop
- High process compatibility
- Operational ease in service and regeneration
- Proven performance
Speciality Resins for Caprolactum purification are developed in close association with customers. They are approved by process consultants and are used globally.