Power EPC Brochure
Power EPC Presentation
Power O&M Brochure
Eliminating Risk, Enhancing Performance
Thermax has evolved as the evangelist of the EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) concept in India. The client simply has to provide us with the land, water and fuel and Thermax will ensure round the clock power and steam, backed by guaranteed performance, overall completion performance, and fixed cost.
In any energy intensive company, there is a severe crunch of trained manpower and retention of a highly experienced and dedicated team to carry out any green field or brown field project. To set up and run a power project is a challenge; many a times unrelated to the company's core business, thereby exposing the business to unwanted risks.
Some of these risks include:
- Cost overrun: escalations v/s fixed project cost.
- Suppliers: integration hurdles.
- Construction: resource mobilization, sub-contractor experience, productivity.
- Project management: detailed planning to tertiary levels, leading to unforeseen risks.
- Quality: poor site fabrication, selection of low cost yet inexperienced vendors.
- Procurement management: the risk of one time buy v/s experienced buying of equipment.
- Engineering: risks of re-work, miss-outs, and inadequate man-hours.
- Scheduling: tracking the project at sub levels, monitoring vendors.
- Performance: overall plant output v/s individual equipment performance, emissions,
reliability, plant availability.
While executing an EPC contract, we take up the job with a single point responsibility. This insulates the end customer from all the above risks. The EPC concept is actually a relief to customers, as the entire risk is transferred to Thermax.
Once the entire set of risks associated with project execution are effectively transferred to the EPC contractor with matching securities, the customer can be assured that the project will be delivered on time, and hassle free.