The Electrostatic Precipitators (ESPs) comes in two variants, Dry ESP and Wet ESP. The former is used on hot process exhaust (50 – 450 degree Celsius) that operate above the dew point of gas stream and the latter being a special application system, used for filtering wet sticky, tarry and oily particulate matter. It is capable of capturing 100+ types of particulate matters from 1 micron to 1000 microns and can handle coal as well as 50+ types of biomass fuel. It is equipped with Opticor® – a fully automatic advanced Digital Signal Processor (DSP) controller, catering to particulate emission control for coal and biomass fired boiler, furnace, incinerators, liquid waste applications, kiln, mill, sinter, pellet, sponge iron, non-ferrous applications.
Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) is a flagship product of Thermax APC business. More than 2000 ESPs are working successfully in India and overseas across sectors including power, cement, steel, non-ferrous metallurgical, fertilisers, tyres and tubes, paper, chemicals, textiles, food & beverages etc. Since its inception, Thermax APC has been associated with many leading technologies in ESP and has now acquired expertise in various designs of ESPs.
- Continuous operation with minimal maintenance requirement
- Fully automatic DSP based controller with power optimisation
- On-line maintenance
- Double spiked discharge electrodes
- Strong rolled profile of collecting electrodes
- Rapping system; Top rapping (Thermax Impulse Gravity Impact – TIGI) system; Tumbling hammer type design
- High efficiency and reliability
- Lower operating cost