In RLA multiple nondestructive and metallurgical tests are done for accurate measurement of thickness, dimensions and finding any anomalies which include erosion, corrosion, cracks, bulging etc. CA/RLA comprehensive assessment and implementation of its recommendations provide reliable and trouble-free operation and prevent forced outages.
CONDITION ASSESSMENT(CA) AND REMAINING LIFE ASSESSMENT(RLA) STUDIES
RLA is an inspection method/test employed for boilers & heaters, which are in operation for a prolonged period of time. RLA is a tool for preventive and predictive maintenance.
Thermax has an experienced metallurgical team offering inspection and testing with modern tools, specialized NDT and inspection techniques
- Remote field electromagnetic testing
- Low frequency electromagnetic testing
- Internal rotary inspection system
- Super heater tubes internal oxide thickness measurement
- Profile radiography
- In situ metallography and remote visual inspection
- In house tube destructive testing and failure investigation facility
- Plant diagnostics