The fans can be mounted according to induced draft or forced draft type, depending on the application. The fans are of direct drive type, but options with gear box or belt drive are also available. The tubes which carry the process fluid are of copper or stainless steel with continuous plate type aluminum fins to maximise the heat transfer.
Dry cooler is a heat rejection equipment where the excess process heat is rejected to the atmosphere. It works on the principle of convection and conduction to dissipate heat from process fluid to air; the process fluid passes through the tubes and air stream is passed over the tubes to carry away the heat; air streams are created by the fans mounted on the unit.
Thermax offers two types of dry coolers – ‘V’ type and ‘H’ type based on the application or requirement.
- Modular design of Thermax dry coolers helps in space optimisation
- Highly efficient fin to tube heat transfer
- Separates process side from any contamination due to closed loop system
- Zero usage of water which results in:
– Zero water wastage due to closed loop operation and no evaporation
– No water treatment plant as it doesn’t require continuous supply of makeup water
– Negligible maintenance cost as water treatment, makeup water and replacement of fills not required
– No periodic cleaning requirement
Product Capacity: 200 kW onwards
Fluid temperature: 30°C to 240°C with a minimum approach of 4°C above dry bulb temperature.
Thermax can offer custom built dry coolers based on the application and nature of working fluids.