The input heat source i.e., Waste heat of a medium temperature is supplied to the evaporator and generator and useful heat of higher temperature is given off in the absorber. These heat transformers can achieve a delivery temperature up to 160ºC, typically with a lift of 50ºC.
Heat transformer also known as Type-II heat pump, medium grade heat is pumped to high grade heat. With a heat transformer, waste heat can be upgraded, virtually without the use of high temperature driving energy.
- Capacities: 0.5 to 15.0 MW
- Hot water temperature: Up to 160ºC (320ºF)
- Output : Hot water up to 170ºC
- Medium Grade Heat source: Steam, hot water & liquid/gas fuels (individually or in combination)
- COP: 0.4 – 0.47
- Steam pressure up to 6.0 bar.g