Single effect steam driven machine is one of the oldest and most established absorption machine, driven by low grade energy and consuming minimum power. In single effect technology, the gain in concentration of the absorbent is achieved using only one generator.
VAPOUR ABSORPTION CHILLERS
Thermax is the first absorption chiller manufacturer in the world to commercialise the ultimate in absorption technology. This is a major breakthrough in the field of refrigeration and air-conditioning. Absorption chillers have a Coefficient of Performance (COP) of 1.8, which is nearly 30% higher than the double effect absorption chillers. This helps the user to reduce the energy requirement for cooling significantly.
SINGLE EFFECT STEAM FIRED CHILLER (S1)
- Capacities: From 50 TR to 3500 TR Cooling capacity (175 – 12300kW)
- Up to – 5 °C chilled water temp.
- ΔT – 30° C
- Steam pressure: From 0 to 3.5 bar.g( 0 to 50 psig)
- Chilled water temperature: Up to 1ºC (34ºF) and -2ºC (28.5ºF) with brine
- COP: 0.75-0.8
- Steam from turbine extraction
- Flash Steam
- Low pressure vapours from process
- Vapour from Continuous polymerization column
- Vapour from potato fryers, etc