When high pressure condensate is discharged from steam traps to low pressure condensate return lines, excess energy is released in the form of flash steam. Thermax atmospheric flash generator uses flash steam to heat boiler feedwater or for low pressure steam applications.
CONDENSATE RECOVERY SYSTEM
A state-of-the-art system using the latest engineering practices, and designed to generate fuel savings year after year. High pressure condensate is almost at the same pressure as steam and contains around 25 to 30% heat of the steam. If this heat is recovered and reused, it will reduce the fuel consumption to the same extent. In addition to fuel saving, the boiler's quality water is also recovered and reused which reduces water consumption and the cost of water treatment chemicals.
Atmospheric Flash System
- Generates low pressure flash steam
- Adequately sized to minimise pressure drop
- Designed with optimum separation velocity to get dry steam
- Steam trap sized to handle condensate at a low pressure difference.
- Suitable for high pressure steam condensate