Thermax offers High Pressure Condensate Recovery System (HPCRS) where the recoverable condensate is more than 80% of the total steam consumption. The term HPCRS refers to recovering the condensate directly to the boiler shell and injecting it into the water space without entering it into the feed water tank.
Thermax offers speciality products which give more benefits to the customer like increase in boiler efficiency, reduction in fuel consumption, monetary savings, etc. Our product 'High Pressure Condensate Recovery System (HPCRS)' received the CII National Award for Excellence in Energy Management in 2018.
High Pressure Condensate Recovery System
With this system, we can eliminate condensate flashing which reduces the pressure and temperature of the condensate. The heat of both condensate and flash steam cannot be recovered in the boiler feedwater tank as this will result in the feedwater temperature going above 1000 C.
Also, since the condensate temperature is close to saturation, significantly less fuel is required to generate the same amount of steam. The system is estimated to generate fuel savings between 10 to 20%, when compared to a conventional atmospheric condensate recovery system.
HPCRS is operated by PLC based control system with key specialised products like a high temperature centrifugal pump, control valve, pressurised tank, condensate pumping system to handle very high condensate temperature and as well as pressure.
Benefits of HPCRS
- 100% condensate heat and water recovery is achieved
- No flashing of condensate, either at process house or at feedwater tank within the boiler house
- Boiler operating capacity is enhanced
- Due to high-temperature condensate entering the water space, steam pressure fluctuation is eliminated
- Significant savings in water treatment cost
- Water saving due to flash recovery as against conventional condensate recovery system