The steam temperature is reduced to saturation by injecting water into high velocity steam by controlled water flow through a control valve. Conventionally, steam pressure reduction and temperature reduction are managed in two different units. In this case, both these functions are carried in one unit which is a combined pressure reducing and de-super heating system.
PRESSURE REDUCING AND DESUPER HEATING SYSTEM
Pressure reducing and de-super heating systems are designed to reduce the steam pressure to operating pressure and also to bring the outlet steam temperature closer to that of saturation. A suitably designed pressure reducing valve installed on a superheated steam line reduces steam pressure to the desired operating pressure.
– Happy customer from Rourkela, Odisha.
- Completely customized to suit customer pressure temperature parameters
- Separate/Combined systems based on technical feasibility
- Various designs of de-superheaters to get a turn down up to 40:1
- Multi step trim realizes sub critical pressure reduction
- For all stages – longer life of internals
- The design guarantees controlled water injection with the controlled movement of the trim
- Selection of material of construction to meet the design requirements for longer life
- It maintains steam temperature at the outlet within saturation +6°C
- Provided with microprocessor based control instrumentation
- Suitable for superheated steam to convert it to near saturated condition and at same or reduced pressure.