TBWES has proven expertise in designing, supplying and installing waste heat recovery boilers for chemical plants. It can offer WHR boiler for a number applications like Sulfuric Acid Plants , Nitric Acid plants , Dichromate plants , Caprolactum Plants etc.
WASTE HEAT RECOVERY BOILERS
TBWES provides energy solutions to utilise waste heat from various processes and applications to improve overall energy balance in ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, cement, refinery, chemical, oil & gas, glass and other sectors. The offerings include a variety of customised, turnkey solutions to generate steam and power.
Sulphuric Acid Plant
In sulphuric acid plants the WHB is designed to handle gas-side operating pressures as high as 5,000 mmWC, which calls for special construction of economiser and superheater. The steam generated by the boiler is used for melting sulphur and driving the main air blower. The steam can also be used for power generation.
Nitric Acid/Caprolactum Plant
WHR boiler offered by Thermax for nitric acid plant can be designed to suit both low-pressure as well as high-pressure systems.
- Both fire-tube and water-tube constructions possible; fire-tube boilers can be offered in both flexible and fixed tube-sheet design
- Cast iron gill ring economiser to prevent sulphur corrosion.
- Equipment (boiler, superheater, economiser) is scattered around converter
- Gas outlet temperature control provided for efficient conversion of acid gas
- Both natural circulation fire-tube and forced circulation water-tube designs available
- NH3 burner included as a part of the unit
- Gas-tight construction with stainless steel material
- Heating coils to prevent dew point corrosion; wall cooling coils to protect the shell
- Lamont nozzles for uniform distribution of water in the coils