In sulphuric acid plants the WHB is designed to handle gas-side operating pressures as high as 5,000 mmWC, which calls for special construction of economiser and superheater. The steam generated by the boiler is used for melting sulphur and driving the main air blower. The steam can also be used for power generation.
WASTE TO ENERGY
Waste To energy is very large offering of Thermax's Green energy portfolio. The waste to energy offerings encompass a very diverse range of energy solution which are classified according to the form in which the source of energy resides , namely Soild , Liquid or gaseous form. The source of energy in these byproducts or wastes is quiet substantial and can be harnessed to provide process heating demands or can be converted to electrical power.
Thermax has proven expertise in designing, supplying and installing waste heat recovery boilers for chemical plants. It can offer WHR boiler for a number applications like Sulfuric Acid Plants , Nitric Acid plants , Dichromate plants , Caprolactum Plants etc.
Features of waste heat recovery boiler on sulphuric acid plant
- Both fire-tube and water-tube constructions possible; fire-tube boilers can be offered in both flexible and fixed tube-sheet design
- Cast iron gill ring economiser to prevent sulphur corrosion.
- Equipment (boiler, superheater, economiser) is scattered around converter
- Gas outlet temperature control provided for efficient conversion of acid gas
WHR boiler offered by Thermax for nitric acid plant can be designed to suit both low-pressure as well as high-pressure systems.
Features of waste heat recovery boiler on nitric acid/caprolactum plant
- Both natural circulation fire-tube and forced circulation water-tube designs available
- NH3 burner included as a part of the unit
- Gas-tight construction with stainless steel material
- Heating coils to prevent dew point corrosion; wall cooling coils to protect the shell
- Lamont nozzles for uniform distribution of water in the coils
- Hitachi Zosen
- Mitsui Engg & Shipbuilding Co.
- Sterlite Industries Ltd.
- Bagfas Fertilizer Co., Turkey
- Birla Copper
- Gujarat State Fertiliser for Caprolactum Plant
- Indian Explosives Ltd. for Nitric Acid Plant
- SNC Lavalin, Canada