The Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)/Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) fired boilers, developed by Thermax through indigenous R&D efforts, offers a superior alternative to the present, unsustainable practice of making landfills from garbage collected by urban bodies/municipalities; steam generated by the boiler helps generate electricity close to major load centres.
WASTE TO ENERGY
Waste To energy is very large offering of Thermax's Green energy portfolio. The waste to energy offerings encompass a very diverse range of energy solution which are classified according to the form in which the source of energy resides , namely Soild , Liquid or gaseous form. The source of energy in these byproducts or wastes is quiet substantial and can be harnessed to provide process heating demands or can be converted to electrical power.
Municipal Solid wastes / Refuse derived fuel
The MSW/RDF fired boiler technology draws from Thermax’s innovative tradition and experience with firing various non-conventional fuels including agro-wastes, spent-wash, sludge and other industrial wastes, and a variety of biomass.
- Specially designed furnace to ensure complete combustion and automated soot removal system
- Hydraulic ram feeder provided considering fuel size variation
- Specially designed pusher grate to handle wide variation in fuel type, moisture and particle size; special grate and air plenum sections provided to ensure better distribution/control
- Positive movement of fuel over the grate minimises clinkering and blockages
- Ram feeding system ensures uniform distribution of fuel onto the grate
- No rotating parts, hence enhanced life and robust construction